We plan on helping the wedding community come into the 21st Century by launching the very first high-end mobile guide for wedding vendors. We will have a matching system very much like E-Harmony.com, where the clients puts in specific criteria. This way they will get a select few vendors that match what they want, instead of getting a list of every photographer in town. We are going to have an online guide, a mobilized version, and then a full App for iPhone, iPad, and Droid platforms.
How does an online/mobile guide capture the experience?
We want the client to experience as much as they can with our website, and mobile apps. In order to do this we are contracting videographers to come on site and record you in action! In order to be in our guide you must have a 5 min video that goes over your services, who your are, and at least 2:30 of you in action, live! We want the client to see you just like they would at the show, but they are getting a taste of it online. This will be included as part of the service we provide to our vendors. It is not typical for a guide to provide video services, but like we said, we are bringing the wedding community into the 21st Century.
Hard Core Facts About Technology & Where Brides Search
- As many as one-third of women aged 18-34 check Facebook when they first wake up, even before they get to the bathroom.
- 21% of women age 18-34 check Facebook in the middle of the night
- 63% of women use Facebook as a networking tool
- 15% use cell phones to do online searches
- 80% of those are top income makers
- By 2013 50% of people will be using their phone to do web searches (about a year from now!)
- People recycle their phone book instead of using it
- Women spend 4hrs a day on social media
- 42% of active Twitter users say they use Twitter to learn about products and services.
- 41% say they contribute opinions about products and services
- More than 350 million active users currently access Facebook through their mobile devices
- More than 475 mobile operators globally work to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products
- 68% of women and 54% of men use social media to stay in touch
- Americans spend 23% of their time online on social networking sites
- 25 million women streamed video via social media in one month
- Time spent on a mobile app has surpassed web browsing this summer
Stay Tuned for more details on the mobile guide!!!